Wednesday 17 September 2008

A Rotting Dead Badger is Not a Good Wedding Gift

I've just had to quickly find a gift for a mates wedding so I stuck to the tried and tested tableware approach. I went for some nice crockery and a set of wine glasses.

My mate and his new bride seemed happy enough. Initially I'd thought that the set of wine glasses would be OK, but then my girlfriend said it looked a bit tight so I took advantage of a special offer at John Jenkins Direct and bought a nice 20 piece breakfast set for nearly half price.

Gifts like these are a long way from the ridiculous presents that my mate and I have exchanged in the past. These have included a half eaten kebab (wrapped, addressed and posted), a bag of barbecue charcoal (for a christmas gift), an indeterminate item of roadkill, a used condom, a selection of womes underwear stolen from neighbours washing lines and various engine components removed from his car.

I don't think his new bride would have appreciated a rotting dead badger as a wedding gift.